Oil and Gas Truck Accidents in Texas and New Mexico
Oil and gas truck accidents occur at an alarming rate in both Texas and New Mexico, leaving individuals and families facing devastating losses, both personal and financial. Route 285 from Pecos, Texas, to Carlsbad, New Mexico, now termed “Death Highway,” is considered one of the most dangerous roads in the USA. The oil boom in the Permian Basin has unleashed a constant stream of heavy oil and gas trucks moving down small-town farming roads, with tragic consequences. Innocent people are suffering severe, catastrophic, or fatal injuries when one of these vehicles loses control.
If you or a loved one has been injured or died due to injuries suffered in a collision with an oil or gas truck, the effect of the incident is almost unimaginable. A cherished family member may be permanently disabled, require long-term medical treatment and care, or suffered fatal injuries. In these cases, you need the help of a personal injury lawyer who is talented at trial, experienced, and prepared to go the distance to seek justice and full compensation.
At the Sorey Law Firm P.L.L.C. we take on injury cases involving oil and gas truck collisions. We are personally driven to seek justice and full compensation for individuals and families facing the tragic consequences of an accident caused by a negligent truck driver. We are dedicated advocates for the injured, whether the accident occurred in Texas or New Mexico.
As a Texas and New Mexico personal injury law firm, we provide experienced legal counsel to a select number of clients. We will conduct a full investigation into the facts to determine the parties who can be held liable for the injury or death. Several parties may be named in a lawsuit, based upon what occurred, including:
- Truck driver
- Oil or gas extraction company
- Oil or gas transportation company
- Truck manufacturer
- Truck parts manufacturer
Our process may require calling upon professional resources such as accident investigators, medical experts, financial experts, accountants, and mental health experts to provide expert testimony to support a claim or lawsuit filed to recover fair compensation.
The damages sought in an oil or gas truck accident could include:
- Economic damages: The actual financial losses associated with an injury or death, including lost wages, lost future wages, lost earning capacity, all medical and hospital costs, both current and estimated for the future, medications, transportation, and expenses associated with home refits or other needs for a severely injured or incapacitated person.
- Non-economic damages: Injured victims experience substantial personal and emotional pain and suffering, and these damages are often the most significant portion paid in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Punitive damages: More rarely awarded in personal injury cases, punitive damages may be possible if the liable party or parties can be proven to have acted in a grossly negligent, wantonly reckless manner.
- Reported by Bloomberg, last year 93 people died in truck accidents on the Texas side of US 285, an increase of 43 percent over 2012.
- According to TxDOT, 11 percent of the Texas road fatalities occur in the Permian Basin, where only 2 percent of the population lives.
- In a recent year, there were 1,457 serious injuries, and a staggering 43,661 vehicle crashes in the region, as reported by MRT.
When oil prices go up, production increases – as do the numbers of oil and gas truck injury accidents. The oil boom in the Permian Basin has translated to terrible and tragic losses for innocent people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. As oil production increases, many additional drivers are needed, with less experienced drivers hired to fill the gap. Untrained drivers may fail to operate the large, heavy vehicle safely or correctly. With drivers working 10 or 11 days in a row, 14 hours a day, often getting only four to six hours sleep – it is a recipe for disaster.
The legal team at the Sorey Law Firm P.L.L.C. understands that you and your family deserve justice. While the oil boom has brought prosperity to the Permian Basin area, it has also brought danger. If you have lost a loved one or were seriously injured, life will never be the same. You have the right to seek justice for what happened to you or your family member and achieve some degree of closure. The responsible parties must be held accountable.
Our Texas and New Mexico personal injury lawyers are dedicated, experienced and committed to the pursuit of justice. Our founder, R. Daniel Sorey, has ten years of experience in law enforcement and served as a police officer in Monroe and a parole agent in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
His experience in the field of personal injury law includes working at a nationwide plaintiff’s firm for many years, where he learned the art of managing a heavy caseload. He gained experience representing injured people from across the nation, including conducting trials in five different states. We offer our clients superior legal representation:
- We exclusively focus our practice upon personal injury law. We provide individual, client-centered legal services.
- We will travel to meet you if you can’t come to our office.
- We offer a free case consultation in Permian Basin truck accident cases and will answer your questions, even if we do not take your case.
- We work on a contingency fee basis – no legal fees are due unless we are successful.
Please call us for a free case consultation if you or a loved one has been injured in an oil or gas truck accident in the Permian Basin, whether it occurred in Texas or New Mexico. When we take on a matter of injury or death on US 285, we ensure our clients are updated as the case progresses. Our goal is to recover the maximum compensation possible under the law. Call us today.
Don't wait to get help. Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.
18-wheeler Driver Fell Asleep And Killed Driver.