Albuquerque Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
Allow Us to Put Our Extensive Experience to Work for You
The compassionate and competent team of legal professionals at The Sorey Law Firm, P.L.L.C. has the experience and dedication to help you or a family member recover damages for personal injuries caused by a nursing home accident, abuse, or neglect. We invoke the assistance of qualified medical professionals to help with case evaluation to determine the fault of parties and the cause of patient injuries. For years, our Albuquerque nursing home abuse lawyer has handled nursing home cases all over the country and is a zealous advocate for quality nursing home care.
If you or a family member has been a victim of nursing home abuse, contact the firm to get started with a free consultation. We proudly help clients throughout the United States.
Choosing an Appropriate Nursing Home
If you’ve decided to seek care from a nursing home facility for you or for your loved one, make sure that the nursing home that you’ve selected can provide the quality care that you or your family member deserve.
Below are some helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing a nursing home for you or your loved one:
- Get references and recommendations from friends, acquaintances, and professional organizations.
- Prioritize your list and visit several homes.
- Ask the facility for references.
- Ask to speak with current residents.
- Choose a location that is nearby so family and friends can visit.
- Make sure to involve your loved one in making the ultimate decision.
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
At The Sorey Law Firm, P.L.L.C., we feel strongly about nursing home abuse, especially since the victims are mostly individuals who cannot fight back, such as the elderly and the disabled. In fact, the majority of nursing home abuse cases are not reported immediately because the victims don’t have the capacity to report the misconduct to authorities or their loved ones.
To help determine nursing home abuse, we recommend that you keep an eye out on the following:
- Unusual bruising, bleeding, cuts and sores
- Rapid and unexplained change in weight
- Infections and bed sores
- Loss of hair
- Torn, stained, or bloody clothing or bedding
- Physical or emotional withdrawal
- Disappearance of personal items
- Sudden and unusual financial transactions
- Refusal of nursing home staff to leave the room during visits
- Denial of access to patient during visitation hours
If you notice any of the signs listed above, get in touch with our Albuquerque nursing home abuse lawyer right away. Dan Sorey, our lead attorney, has over 10 years of experience as a law enforcement officer and can help provide a thorough investigation to confirm the abuse or neglect as well as hold the liable parties accountable.
Schedule your free consultation by calling our Albuquerque Nursing Home Abuse lawyer at schedule a free consultation.